Top organizations worldwide, including 4 of the 5 largest U.S. financial institutions, trust PhishLabs to fight back against cyberattacks targeting their employees and their customers. Using a powerful combination of proprietary technology, specialized security awareness training operations, and deep threat intelligence, we detect threats early in the attack process and take rapid action to mitigate attacks before damage is done. In doing so, we reduce the risk of compromised systems, data breaches, and online fraud.
The vast majority of cyber attacks start by targeting and exploiting people. Why? Because every organization has people, and those people are vulnerable. Unlike technology, people cannot be patched to remove their vulnerability.
PhishLabs was founded in 2008 to fight back against attacks that target people. We believe that to stop these attacks, aggressive action must be taken to disrupt the infrastructure and operations that support them. We provide a full range of services to detect these attacks 24/7, extract intelligence on the attack operations, and quickly mitigate the underlying infrastructure to stop the threat.
The Director of Engineering will be a critical member of the technology leadership team, developing a client-focused culture that supports innovation, learning and improvement, and employee growth and development. The Director of Engineering will identify, implement, and maintain best-in-class engineering processes to support our aggressive product and technology road maps
How This Role Will Impact PhishLabs and Our Clients:
- Strategy Execution: As a member of the technology leadership team, collaborate closely with your peer group to implement product and service software development execution strategies
- Leadership: Inspire and motivate a talented software engineering team to maximize their skillset and continuously develop
- Value Delivery: Lead a culture of focus and productivity so the team can meet or exceed technology releases as well as operational enhancements and bug fixes
- Innovation: Foster innovative discoveries of how to solve real business problems with the solutions we already have and/or can build. Foster innovative ideas and concepts on how to architect our products to become more powerful and deliver our services more efficiently. Assess emerging software development and other technology trends and adopt them as appropriate.
- Accountability: Hold self and team to high standards in software quality and delivery; manage budget and expenses; execute on mutually agreed upon project deadlines
Key Attributes the Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- 12+ years’ experience in software product development and engineering
- 7+ years’ direct experience leading, coaching, mentoring and managing a team of 10+ software engineering professionals in a product and/or managed service business
- Proven success implementing and improving Agile development processes across multiple teams; proven experience in change management in a rapidly growing technology business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work and contribute in a team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders; sound business acumen and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Passion to develop and drive technology road map execution in collaboration with Product Management
- Focus on information security and a strong understanding of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Experience identifying, selecting, and managing outsourced development partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
The Technical Stuff – Technologies and Skills Required
- Demonstrated success architecting, designing and developing web-based systems at large scale
- Proficiency in two or more of the following: Go, Java, PHP, Python, C++
- Understanding and passion for loosely coupled, modular software design, scalability, security and UX principles
- Strong experience in:
- Software quality and continuous integration practices in a Linux, Apache, MySQL environment
- Secure software design, development, deployment and operations
- RESTful web services and API design, development, documentation and integration
- TCP/IP networking and application protocols
- AWS and software design for cloud-based deployment and scalability
- Asynchronous / concurrent programming models
- Exposure to machine learning/pattern matching