Software Engineer 3 - Full Stack
Location: Charleston, SC
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Mid Level / Experienced
PhishLabs, the leading provider of cybercrime protection and intelligence services, headquartered in Charleston, SC, is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our exceptional team dedicated to fighting back against attacks that exploit people.
Why PhishLabs? Online threats continue to grow and change. Effectively countering those threats requires continuous improvement, innovation, and creativity. PhishLabs offers an opportunity for skilled engineers to channel their creativity and innovation toward countering these threats in an environment of respect and collaboration. Engineering for PhishLabs presents an opportunity to challenge yourself technically while benefitting the online ecosystem. With a team of world class security experts, a strong base of top-tier clients and the increasing sophistication and proliferation of cybercrime, PhishLabs is very positioned to continue its rapid growth.
You will be an integral member of our growing engineering team that develops large scale threat detection, monitoring, and training products, as well as systems used by the PhishLabs Security Operations Center and RAID teams as they mitigate existing threats. Using your technical skills as a full-stack Software Engineer 3, and can-do attitude, you will work as a member of an agile team striving toward the best practices in software engineering while fighting back against cybercrime.
How you will impact PhishLabs and our clients
- Design scalable and maintainable software solutions that meet business objectives
- Build software for the diverse and constantly evolving landscape of detecting, analyzing, and monitoring cyber security threats
- Work on problems of diverse scope requiring analysis of sometimes complex contributing factors to quickly diagnose root causes and solve them
- As part of a scrum team participate in grooming and estimating stories, daily progress updates, demos of working software, and retrospectives
- Periodically provide on-call technical support for unexpected issues affecting customers
- Network with internal individuals with varying degrees of technical skills on your area of expertise
What you need to SUCCEED
- 5+ years of software development experience with a progression of increasing scope and complexity of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Experience creating and maintaining large-scale, distributed, and highly-available applications using Google Golang, Java EE, and/or PHP
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services, asynchronous/concurrent programming models
- Strong SQL and relational database (RDBMS) skills; including data structures, and query analysis and optimization. Experience with MySQL/Aurora is desirable.
- Experience using web development frameworks such as Symfony and/or React Redux
- Proficient with Linux/UNIX command line toolsA demonstrated history of good SDLC practices utilizing issue management software, managing code with Git, creating unit tests, performing code reviews, and producing documentation
What helps you stand out
- A strong understanding of information security threats and vulnerabilities, and experience mitigating exploits
- Experience integrating with or supporting external platforms (e.g. SalesForce, ServiceNow, Jaspersoft)
- Certification in secure programming (e.g. GSSP, CSSLP, ECSP, GWEB)
- Experience utilizing Docker and Kubernetes in an AWS environment