PhishLabs, a leading provider of cybersecurity and digital risk protection services, headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our exceptional engineering team dedicated to the fight against cybercrime.
PhishLabs partners with enterprises to protect against cyber threats that exploit employees, customers, and brands.
We provide a complete suite of world class cyber threat detection analysis and intelligence services to monitor the entire social Internet spectrum and mitigate business risk arising from illegal, infringing, or threatening online activity.
Online threats continue to grow and change. Effectively countering those threats requires continuous improvement, innovation, and creativity. PhishLabs offers an opportunity for skilled engineers to channel their creativity and innovation toward countering these threats in an environment of respect and collaboration. Engineering for PhishLabs presents an opportunity to challenge yourself technically while benefiting the online ecosystem. With a team of world class security experts, a strong base of top-tier clients and the increasing sophistication and proliferation of cybercrime, PhishLabs is very positioned to continue its rapid growth.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to be an integral member of our growing engineering team that develops large scale threat detection, monitoring, and training products, as well as systems used by the PhishLabs Security Operations Center as they mitigate existing threats. Using your technical skills as a full-stack Software Engineer, and can-do attitude, you will work as a member of an agile team striving toward the best practices in software engineering while fighting back against cybercrime.
How you will impact PhishLabs:
- Design scalable and maintainable software solutions that meet business objectives
- Build software for the diverse and constantly evolving landscape of detecting, analyzing, and monitoring cyber security threats
- Work on problems of diverse scope requiring analysis of sometimes complex contributing factors to quickly diagnose root causes and solve them
- As part of a scrum team participate in grooming and estimating stories, daily progress updates, demos of working software, and retrospectives
- Periodically provide on-call technical support for unexpected issues affecting customers
- Network with internal individuals with varying degrees of technical skills on your area of expertise
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience creating and maintaining large-scale, distributed, and highly-available applications
- Expertise programming in various languages such as Google Golang, Python, Java EE, and PHP
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services, asynchronous/concurrent programming models
- Strong SQL and relational database (RDBMS) skills; including data structures, and query analysis and optimization. Experience with MySQL/Aurora is desirable.
- Experience using web development frameworks such as React Redux, and/or Symfony
- Proficient with Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Five or more years of software development experience with a progression of increasing scope and complexity
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred)
- A demonstrated history of good SDLC practices utilizing issue management software, managing code with Git, creating unit tests, performing code reviews, and producing documentation
What helps you stand out:
- Understanding of information security threats and vulnerabilities, and experience mitigating exploits is a bonus
- Experience integrating with or supporting SaaS platforms (e.g. SalesForce, ServiceNow, PowerBI)
- Certification in secure programming (e.g. GSSP, CSSLP, ECSP, GWEB) is a bonus
- Experience utilizing Docker and Kubernetes in an AWS environment